I was able to perform a liveupdate with demo applications provided in Harmony 2.04 for the PIC32MZEF Starter Kit. Below are the steps that I followed:
1. Flash the apps\bootloader\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate_Switcher (bootloader)
2. Build the project apps\bootloader\LiveUpdate\Liveupdate_App (hex file)
3. Download the hex file via the host application (JAVA console)
4. Power cycle the device, the new application is now running (let’s say app1)
5. To upgrade the firmware (app2) you need to send a software reset (UART command).
- Unified Bootloader (JAVA must be installed)